SALMON VNA Services
37 Birch Street
Milford, MA 01757
Phone: (508) 473-0862
Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) Services
Home Care from the Heart
SALMON VNA offers you a variety care with swift response times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our community-based home health agency is ready to care for your needs managing a chronic condition, after you’ve been hospitalized, following a rehab stay, or treating an injury.
Your care should be as unique as you are. We work with your physician to provide you with the nursing, rehabilitative, social work and specialized care you may need.
To be eligible for our services, there are a few requirements:
- You must live in one of the communities we serve.
- You must be considered “homebound,” meaning it is difficult for you to leave home for healthcare services in your current condition. Note that this is not required by all insurance carriers.
- Your physician must confirm the healthcare services being requested are medically necessary.
If you have any questions on qualification, kindly contact our Intake Department (508-473-0862, option 1).
Enhancing your quality of life is our goal. We evaluate which healthcare services you or your loved one need and coordinate their delivery. Our team of caring and professional visiting nurses work closely with the patient, their family and their physician. We provide:
- Alzheimer’s care
- Chronic disease management and education, including cardiac disease, COPD, diabetes and asthma
- Case management
- Dementia care
- Enteral therapies
- Geriatric care
- Infusion therapy
- Medication reconciliation, management and education
- Nutrition guidance
- Oncological care
- Ostomy care and education
- Pain and symptom management
- Post-operative care
- Pulmonary care
- Stroke care and education
- Ventilator care
- Wound care
If you are pregnant or just had a baby, we can help. We care for women and children before and after childbirth, with prenatal, postpartum, neonatal, infant and early childhood services provided by our highly trained and experienced nurses. Our services include:
- Breast feeding support and education
- Case management
- Early maternity discharge support
- Infant and early childhood services and education
- Newborn assessment and care
- Pediatric care
- Postpartum visits
For patients with mental or psychiatric illness, we provide specialty nursing care that strives to improve functioning, enhance engagement in treatment, and asses and monitor medication effectiveness and adherence.
- Care related to specific diagnoses, including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and dementia with behavioral disturbances
- Case management
- Caregiver education
- Comprehensive mental health and nursing assessment
- Home safety assessment
- Medication administration and education
- Symptom management
Our skilled physical, occupational and speech therapists can work restore your physical function and help you live more safely and independently. Home therapy can include:
- Evaluation of adaptive equipment needs
- Fall prevention strategies
- Establishment of in-home exercise for general well-being
- Home safety assessments and environmental recommendations
- Pre- and post-joint replacement therapies
- Cognitive approaches for early and mid-stage dementia management
- Reversing weakness in the neck, trunk and limbs
- Caregiver education addressing aspects of physical and cognitive decline
- Treatments to accelerate recovery, such as phototherapy, ultrasound and electrical stimulation
- Safe swallowing strategies and exercises for people at risk for aspiration, weight loss or weakness related to physiological problems
Emotional, psychological, social and financial stresses often occur with illness or injury. We assist the patient, their family and caregivers with plans that promote the person’s successful healing including:
- Benefits information
- Case management
- Identification of community resources, including personal care assistance
- Long-term care assessment and planning
- Support for those with acute or chronic illness
Sometimes you need assistance with personal care, hygiene needs, exercises and meal preparation. Our certified home health aides help with:
- Exercise assistance
- Light meal preparation
- Telehealth – Access daily, in-home monitoring that transmits a patient’s vital signs for analysis by trained clinicians in real-time, helping the person manage their care at home and promptly alerting our team to any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Fall Prevention Program – Get an assessment of any issues through a plan of care that enhances a person’s safety and independence at home. We use a multidisciplinary approach to determine a patients’ abilities and home environments.
- Bridge Program – If necessary and desired, make a transition to hospice services. This program helps patients currently receiving home-health services transition to another level of care
A licensed healthcare professional familiar with your medical history and current medical needs will prescribe the specific VNA services to meet your unique requirements.
SALMON VNA accepts payment from Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial insurance plans. If, however, we do not accept your insurance, we will work with your insurance provider on your behalf for the coverage you need. For more information, please call (508) 296-0919.
While most VNA agencies offer similar services, few can match our hallmark level of dedication and quality care. The response from our patients and their families shows you can rely on us with confidence and trust to be effective healthcare providers.
Yes. Our caregivers are trained to assist with most medical conditions. We provide care and support for patients with a wide variety of physical, emotional, psychological and social needs to enhance their potential for successful healing.
We create schedules based on your individual needs and preferences. Our caregivers will work with you to develop timing that meets your needs and is convenient.
Yes. Our Medical Directors lead our interdisciplinary teams and consult with your physician to help manage your unique plan of care.
Although VNA services are often provided in a patient’s private home, many services can be delivered in other locations such as assisted living residences, skilled nursing centers and the homes of people already caring for the patient.
SALMON Health and Retirement is a family owned and operated organization, trusted providers of senior living services for nearly 70 years. SALMON offers a full continuum of high-quality residential and healthcare services, as well as child care and management consulting services.
Yes. We have always been family owned and operated. Currently, third generation members of the Salmon family manage the organization: Matt Salmon is Chief Executive Officer and Andrew Salmon is Director of Network Development.